Learning some packing and moving tips will help you reduce the stress level when you move from one place to another. This will keep you organized and help you achieve the goal for a successful and easy move.
Packing Tips :
General Relocation Tips :
- Pack things correctly using good quality packing supplies and sturdy boxes.
- Use wardrobe boxes for clothes and bulky light weight items.
- Use dish-pack boxes to provide secure packing to chinaware, glassware and kitchen items.
- Pack on room at a time with proper labeling of boxes.
- Wrap each individual item in wrapping sheet or bubble wrap before placing it inside the box.
- Do not pack heavier items in a large box. Keep the weight of a box not more than 20 kg. Make sure you can easily lift it.
- Do not leave space inside a carton. You must fill it using wadded or crushed papers or other padding supplies like dish-towels.
- Use extra padding supplies and extra layers of wrapping sheets to pack fragile or highly breakable items.
- Use blankets to wrap peace of furniture.
- Secure every box using heavy duty packaging tape.
- Label every box carefully with appropriate tag. This will make unpacking process easier.
- Get estimates of different companies to compare and grab the best deal.
- Notify your relatives, friends and colleagues about your movement.
- Change address at your utility mangers or service providers. Sometimes you will need to stop using of services as your previous service provides cannot help you at your new place.
- Donate unwanted items or old belongings you do not want to transfer to your new place. This will help you cut down overall moving costs.
- You may arrange a garage sale to sell unwanted items and get rid of them. This will help you reduce junk items and earn some money.
- Dispose of flammables such as chemicals, fireworks, paints, paint-thinner, kerosene oil, petrol, cleaning fluids, matches, acids, chemistry sets, aerosol cans, ammunition and other hazardous things.
- Consume perishable items and other eatables.
- Pack your valuable things like jewelry, cash, hobby-collections, and documents yourself only. Keep them at safe place and carry them with you only as these items are not easily replaceable.